Project governance training by an expert and practitioner.
Ross Garland is an expert in project governance. He is the author of Project Governance – a practical guide to effective project decision making. He has written white papers on governance for the UK Cabinet Office Best Management Practice website and is quoted in the Victorian State Government’s guidance on project governance. He was an official reviewer of the UK Government’s Management of Portfolios.
Ross has designed, implemented and reviewed the governance arrangements on billions of dollars of critical program and project investments – and many more are operating to the principles he developed.
Ross personally provides training, coaching and mentoring in project governance.
- Senior executives that sit on EMTs or portfolio boards;
- Program and project sponsors and SROs;
- Portfolio, Program and Project office staff;
- Programme and Project Managers.
- Business as Usual versus Change
- The principle of accountability
- Identifying the accountable person
- Empowering the Project Owner
- Initiating a project
- Key governance roles
- Stakeholder management
- Determining decision rights
- Supporting decision makers with assurance
- Enterprise governance
- Addressing common governance issues
The course is consistent with the UK Government’s best practice guidance suite (PRINCE2, MSP etc), and with the PMI’s PMBoK.
We also offer training courses that are tailored to the needs of a particular organisation or program/project.